On Tuesday, March 23, 2010, at 1:31 p.m. the Oelwein Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a wall heater on fire in one of the rooms at the Parkview Motel located at 2508 South Frederick Avenue in Oelwein. Upon arrival, an investigation found that there was smoke in the attic of the south wing complex that was discovered by a local electrician that was working on the electrical system in that building. With the use of the fire department's thermal imaging camera, a deep seated fire was discovered in the ceiling area above a common wall between two of the motel rooms. The fire department accessed this area and removed the smoldering insulation and extinguished the fire. The area was also cleared of smoke. There was some light damage to the structure and two of the motel rooms had light smoke damage. Firefighters were on the scene for two and one half hours. The loss is covered by insurance and the motel remains open for business. The Oelwein Police Department assisted with the call.